Re: apache woes forbidden strange

Ian Malone wrote:

Does anyone know how to do this for a FAT filesystem?  I've
One doesn't.
FAT doesn't do permsissions, it doesn't do ACLs and it doesn't do extended attributes (unless you're running OS/2 or [probably] Mac OS which cheat).

got a server set up so I can play with things locally, but
I'd like to keep the files on my FAT drive.  I've tried the
fscontext option, but so far have only managed to prevent
myself writing to it.

I epect the best you could home for is for everying to have the same extended attributes as the mount point.

There's little reason to keep stuff on FAT, whether on Windows or Linux. It wastes great gobs of space, performs badly, doesn't provide security (Windows) or Unix functionality. And, it can't handle big files.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait