Re: modifying another distro's rpm for FC4

James Wilkinson wrote:
John Summerfied wrote:

Binary compatibility and deps are only part of the story. The scripts I've already mentioned, there are also possibilities with filename conflicts, maybe interactions with other packages (the DHCP set of programs works very differently on SUSE) and more, I'm sure.

Scripts are a good point, but if RPM doesn't catch filename conflicts,
that's a bug that should be reported.

The problem it _might_ cause is one package or the other won't install. Not a bug if they're from different distros.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait