Re: modifying another distro's rpm for FC4

John Summerfied wrote:
> Binary compatibility and deps are only part of the story. The scripts
> I've already mentioned, there are also possibilities with filename
> conflicts, maybe interactions with other packages (the DHCP set of
> programs works very differently on SUSE) and more, I'm sure.

Scripts are a good point, but if RPM doesn't catch filename conflicts,
that's a bug that should be reported.

James.

--
E-mail address: james |     "Why is it we never meet anyone nice?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     "Why is it we never meet anyone who can shoot