Re: Can't get X to work with ATI

James Wilkinson wrote:
Espen Stefansen wrote:

I've tried the xorg-driver and ati's own driver, but with no luck. The hints
at fedorafaq.org doesn't help either.

Have you tried the VESA driver? It might get you going until you can
sort something else out (and, in particular, got your install updated).

Hope this helps,

James.

Jumping in late on this thread. After weeks of frustration with and ATI card on a new computer, I bit the bullet and purchased a nVidia card and was up and running within 30 minutes of paying for it with full acceleration. :)

I lost money on the ATI card though but it was a learning experience. Made sure my new laptop had nVidia.