Re: OT(?) FC2 Very slow printing to HP DeskJet 870Cse

Mike McCarty wrote:
Off topic due to age of FC2?

Anyway, have installed an HP DeskJet 870Cse, and it prints
unbearably slowly, like 30 minutes per page.

UPDATE:

I finally bit the bullet, and got out an old adaptor I made
with both a male and a female connector on each end, and my
'scope, and looked at the lines. Well, the timing I looked
at seemed odd. I saw long periods of time with very brief
exchanges (like a few bytes), with the printer printing
along, then a furious burst of what looked like normal
timing, followed by long periods again. I also saw the
BUSY line active for seconds at a time. Hmm.

So, as an experiment, I waited until the comm seemed quiescent,
and pulled the cable. The printer continued to print for a
few minutes, then started flashing the "error" light, indicating
"loss of comm". I plugged in the cable for a second, and the printer
was happy again, and I withdrew the cable, and the printer
merrily printed for another few minutes. I did this for an
entire page, which came out printed perfectly.

Sooo... communication time is not the culprit. For some
reason, the printer is very very slow when printing these
images.

I wonder what is going on inside there? And how did it print
a page one time in less than three minutes?

Perhaps I should investigate the default dpi...

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.