Re: Autostarting Apps at Gnome Login

> You can define startup applications in the session manager:
>
> Gnome Menu -> Desktop -> Preferences -> More Preferences -> Sessions
>
> Then go to the Startup Programs tab and add the new programs you want to
> startup at login.

Well I've jsut been experimenting with this. I am able to get my apps
to start automatically now, but I can't seem to get them on
workspaces. I don't understand the env DISPLAY properly, so I was
experimenting with it. I tried this.
# Autostart Some Apps
env DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm -geometry -0+0 &
env DISPLAY=:0.0 evolution &
env DISPLAY=:0.0 firefox &

Which works, but they are all on the first workspace. I tried
DISPLAY=:0.1 but I guess that isn't it. Can I make this work this way
somehow or do I need to use the devilspie?

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom