Re: Problem with X11 in FC 4

Tim wrote:

> I've noticed a lot messages about problems with the latest X and kernel
> updates, so I've held off updating.  My PCs have i810 chipsets, has
> anyone done the update with the same chipset and knows whether it works
> or has problems?

I don't have anything to give you a straight answer, but note that these
problems are to do with munged displays when X starts initially, and can
be cleared by Ctrl-Alt-F1 / F7 (and apparently Ctrl-Alt-+ and - too).
They're not terrible problems if its just your box.  Most people found
the problems are solved by updating module-init-tools anyway.  It seemed
the problems may only have been caused for ATI-based video chipsets.

-Andy