Re: Issuse installing either i386 or x86_64

2006/2/5, Chris racerx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hmm - that seems a bit extreme. I have gone as far as to try installing
the boot loader on the same drive as the OS, but still no dice.

I mentioned that when the kernel panics it freezes and at that point,
both scroll lock and caps lock lights are flashing.
Only a hard boot brings me back. I mention this in hopes that someone
has experienced the same - maybe on a different PC.

I had a similar problem in the past (FC1 .... long ago). It turned out to be a memory problem. have you done a memory stress test with memtest86 ? (the 32bit version is fine)
XP is not a valid test for the matter.

HTH

--
Alessandro Brezzi