Re: symbolic link in USB disk

Yuandan Zhang wrote:
Hi, I have a usb disk and mounted using this command in /etc/fstab

/dev/sda1               /mnt/USBG          vfat
exec,noauto,users,rw,shortnam e=mixed 0 0

Symbolic link is not permitted in this mounted disk. How to make symblic
link permittable on this disk?

The FAT filesystem won't support symbolic links, although you can still
make symlinks to files on a FAT fs from file systems that do support
them.  If you really want to do this you'd need to reformat it as
something like ext2/3 or Reiserfs etc.  I'm not sure why you'd want to
know, as the link probably won't be meaningful when you plug the USB
disc into a different machine.

--
imalone