Re: nVidia proprietary driver under FC4 and FC2

Rick Bilonick wrote:

> monitor. Unfortunately, the FC4 system using the same card and modelines
> on the same HDTV monitor produces a display that seems to be trying to
> reduce interlace flicker (which produces an inferior display). I can't

This is done in the TV-out end of things, the driver would control it I
would think.

> find the source of the difference between the two systems. I guess it
> has to be either the OS difference or the difference in the version of

How about a difference in the Video BIOS?  Does the problem persist in
the FC4 box if you physically swap the video cards in the two systems?

> display is inferior. Is there something FC4 is doing to reduce the
> interlace flicker?

Can it be the video cable you use on the FC4 box has a crappier
bandwidth profile?  Try simply swapping the video cables with the FC2 box.

AFAIK FC4 cares nothing for your nvidia card directly if you don't use
the supplied nv driver.

Do nvidia not provide a fancy TV-out applet now with the driver?
Examine the TV encoder settings on that for filtering options.

-Andy