nVidia proprietary driver under FC4 and FC2

I have two virtually identical Athlon 64 systems (same motherboards,
same nVidia GeForce Optima 5700 LE video cards, same 1 gb of memory, and
HD-3000 HDTV tuner cards). The main differences are that one system uses
FC4 and the latest nVidia driver and the other uses FC2 and an earlier
nVidia driver. I use both systems to schedule, record, and view HDTV
programs (using crontab, pchdtvr, and mplayer on the FC4 system and
crontab, dtvstream, and xine on the FC2 system). The problem has to do
with the output from the nVidia video cards. Both systems use the same
xorg.conf files (using the same HDTV 1080i modelines.) The FC2 system
outputs interlaced 1920x1080 (1080i) which looks great on an HDTV
monitor. Unfortunately, the FC4 system using the same card and modelines
on the same HDTV monitor produces a display that seems to be trying to
reduce interlace flicker (which produces an inferior display). I can't
find the source of the difference between the two systems. I guess it
has to be either the OS difference or the difference in the version of
the nVidia driver. I've looked through the driver info to find an option
to change on the FC4 system but in vain. Both systems produce identical
960x540 noninterlaced displays (540p). Any ideas on how to fix the FC4
system? I would like to move the FC2 system to FC4 but not if the
display is inferior. Is there something FC4 is doing to reduce the
interlace flicker?

BTW, using a GeForce 5200 card on the FC4 system has the same exact
problem (so the brand new 5700 card in the FC4 system is unlikely to be
defective).

Rick B.