Re: Cups config error

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 03 February 2006 21:34, david walcroft wrote:

Hi,
 I'm trying to change the printers config from 'photo' to 'draft'

Humm, there is no reason why you can't just define a new printer (lp1,lp2,lp3 ad infinitum) with the characteristics you want it to have, as long as the physical printer itself can do it with the correct driver as selected on that page at localhost:631.

I personally have an Epson C82 defined as 4 'printers', and I feed the job to whatever 'printer' is best suited to the job at hand, all the way from a draft quality 180 dpi b&w, to full color photographic stuff at 1440 squared.

I've never tried doing that,so I'll ask the stupid question -- how do I set up multiple print queue's in cups

at http://localhost:631/ but get this error

"server-error-internal-error"

I'm not a cups guru by any means but it sounds like something is hosed in the cups install. Is this a printer that needs to have foomatic installed also? My Epson C82 doesn't need it and foomatic in fact fouls the nest as I'm using a locally built and installed gutenprint-5.0-rc2, but other printers might not be so lucky. I assume you've done a 'service cups restart' since the last update? It might be that simple.

I've heard of Gutenprint but know nothing of it,does it replace cups or what

I've never seen this before,any body know what to do.

Printer HP PSC2110

Fully updated FC 4.

 Thanks   david

   thanks   david