Re: Slightly OT: Photoshop tops 'most wanted' Linux app list

At 12:20 PM -0500 2/3/06, Claude Jones wrote:
>I can't say I'm a Gimp master, but, another thing I just never figured out
>was
>moving selections around. In PS, you make a rectangular selection; before you
>do something with it, you can nudge it around, grab it, use keys, whatever -
>refine your selection ...

FWIW, context-help on the rectangle selection tool shows that one can move
a selection by pressing the Alt key; or subtract areas from a selection
with the Ctrl key or add to a selection with the Shift key, but those keys
also do something else at the same time, making them nearly useless.  I
don't know how to resize a selection -- I'm amazed that there aren't any
handles on the selection.  It's as if The Gimp's authors have never seen a
(non-*nix) graphics app.