Re: Remote code and compile with GUI from Windows to Linux?

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 18:19 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 18:04, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll have to lookup X-win ad Exceed, if at least for future
> > > reference.
> >
> > In my experience, out of the list of X servers above, exceed is - by far
> > - the best solution.
> > Problem is, it'll cost you an arm and a lag :(
>
> Have you tried Cygwin since -multiwindow was added?

Yes.
I usually play around with it every couple of months. (Last, a couple of
weeks ago)
At least to me, It's still /much/ slower then Exceed, and it still has
compatibility problems with certain Windows fire-walls. It may be a
configuration problem, so if I'm the only one, maybe I should take
another crack at solving the cygwin/X performance problem.

Gilboa