Re: needed help on MINICOM

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 22:55, Gowri Satish Adimulam wrote:

> in minicom ->serial port setup i have set as
>
> ttyS3,
> baud rate 57600 8n1 which in acordance with embedded system.

> When my embedded systme boots up , there should  be some messages
> displayed on my com port , but unfortunately its not happening.
>
> i have verified the same setup in windows using hyperterminal it is
> working fine.
>
> do i need to do any thing more in the setup.

> Thanks in Advance.
>

>  CTRL-A Z for help | 57600 8N1 | NOR | Minicom 2.00.0 | VT102 |
> Offline

That 'offline' may mean something. Do you have a null modem
connecting DTR from your device to DCR on the PC comm port?
If not, can you loop the comm port's own DTR back to DCD
so it looks like a connection is active?  If you use
kermit instead of minicom you can use 'set carrier off'
before the connect command to make it open the port
without waiting for DCD to be active.  Minicom might have
a similar command but I don't know what it is.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx