Re: needed help on MINICOM

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 22:55, Gowri Satish Adimulam wrote:
>

>>in minicom ->serial port setup i have set as
>>
>>ttyS3,
>>baud rate 57600 8n1 which in acordance with embedded system.
>

>>When my embedded systme boots up , there should  be some messages
>>displayed on my com port , but unfortunately its not happening.
>>
>>i have verified the same setup in windows using hyperterminal it is
>>working fine.
>>
>>do i need to do any thing more in the setup.
>

>>Thanks in Advance.
>>

>> CTRL-A Z for help | 57600 8N1 | NOR | Minicom 2.00.0 | VT102 |
>>Offline
>

> That 'offline' may mean something. Do you have a null modem
> connecting DTR from your device to DCR on the PC comm port?
> If not, can you loop the comm port's own DTR back to DCD
> so it looks like a connection is active?  If you use
> kermit instead of minicom you can use 'set carrier off'
> before the connect command to make it open the port
> without waiting for DCD to be active.  Minicom might have
> a similar command but I don't know what it is.

You may need to go into modem setup, and change the "Modem has DCD
line" to no. I would wipe out all the modem strings at the same
time, and save the setup under a name like embedded.

If your device does not support hardware flow control, or your
cable does not have the RTS/CTS lines, you may also need to
turn of hardware flow control in the port settings section
before Minicom will talk to the device.

Mikkel