Re: needed help on MINICOM

Gowri Satish Adimulam wrote:
Hi ,
Iam try to use minicom as simple com-port, it is connected to embedded
system board via RS 232 cable.

in minicom ->serial port setup i have set as

ttyS3,
baud rate 57600 8n1 which in acordance with embedded system.

When my embedded systme boots up , there should  be some messages
displayed on my com port , but unfortunately its not happening.

i have verified the same setup in windows using hyperterminal it is
working fine.

do i need to do any thing more in the setup.

Thanks in Advance.

You may have permission problems. Are you running minicom as root?
If not, then what are the permissions on /dev/ttyS3?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.