Re: YUM error handling

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 07:43, Tim wrote:

> It ought to just change to another mirror, at that point, with a
> short sensible explanation to the user watching the output.
>  Likewise for forbidden/denied HTTP errors.
>
> e.g. HTTP access error (404), trying another mirror.
>
> At the moment it blithely ignores error messages, and attempts to
> parse whatever's presented along with the error code as if it
> were the repo XML data file.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, perhaps this is an FC4/FC5
thing?  On FC1/FC3 the simple error message you refer to is about
all that's displayed and yum moves on to the next randomly picked
server.  I've never noticed anything even remotely annoying on a
404 error as far as I can recall.

Regards, Mike Klinke