YUM error handling

It strike me that if "yum" gets a 404 HTTP error when trying to get a
repo list from a mirror, it oughtn't to spew out masses of gibberish at
the user unless it was being deliberately run in some verbose/debugging
mode.  It ought to just change to another mirror, at that point, with a
short sensible explanation to the user watching the output.  Likewise
for forbidden/denied HTTP errors.

e.g. HTTP access error (404), trying another mirror.

At the moment it blithely ignores error messages, and attempts to parse
whatever's presented along with the error code as if it were the repo
XML data file.  I imagine that there's some potential for a bigger
problem, than just seeing annoying text scroll past, if it pays no
attention to error messages from the web server.

I read messages from the public lists.