Re: Bios flashing w/fed4_64

Ian Malone wrote:

Interesting. Can they update from a USB memory stick, too? My only reason for installing floppy drives these days is to permit BIOS updates.

I'm pretty sure it can't. As I've just mentioned in another post it is
a few years old, so that might be possible now. On the other hand it
sounds like Gigabyte have stopped using it (or at least don't use it
on every MB).

Mt most recent Gigabyte mobo requires Windows. I've blackballed Gigabyte.

My Acer Aspire does it from CD: the BIOS update comes as a bootable image (I think with bits of W98 in it).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait