Re: Bios flashing w/fed4_64

Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 08:01 -0500, George Hare wrote:

Has anyone done any bios flashing using Fedora? My boot screen goes by
so fast I can't read it; it looks like Alt-F2. Does it actually need
it. Everything seems to be working just fine as is. It's an Abit KV8
Pro.
Thanks,

G. Hare

I doubt it. I've yet to see a Linux flash utility. (Being tied to a
certain BIOS/MB combo, I doubt that we will ever see one)
Most flash utilities either use DOS (99%) or both Windows and DOS (~1%).

Gilboa

I've got one or to mobos that can read direcly from floppy. (I'm not sure they actually have floppy drives attached, several of my machines haven't).

Sometimes (often?) freedos will do the job; I think Dell and/or HP uses Freedos regardless of what their actual instructions say.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait