RE: Trivial question

If I type:

   yum localupdate /my_rpm_path/*

on a box that has installed only a small subset of that which is
available in my_rpm_path, will it only update that which is there,
and not install any of the others?

This is not so trivial when it comes to boxes that are not on
the net.  It would also solve a problem I had yesterday, where
I had trouble updating my second box over the net.

Thanks,
Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger