Re: FC5T2 anaconda and LVM

on 01/21/2006 09:56 PM Chris Gordon wrote:
 > Do you have examples of a such a partition management tool that works on
some other OS?  The situation I described of dealing with disk
No. Not for ext2/ext3/reiser*/xfs filesystems. Actually I dont know that much about those either, therefore I'm wondering what prevents people from creating a tool which would be able to move partitions. There are really situation when this would be very handy.

partitions is the same problem faced on other operating systems that
I've encountered.  Also note that there are other uses and advantages of
a volume manger than just dealing with "moving partitions" around.  I
only described one case that an average user may encounter.
I admit this. My comment was to this particular case.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./