Re: Question concerning Hal, autofs, USB hard disks and ext2 fs

Oliver Andrich wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 06:15:47PM -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>>http://hal.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fhal
>>
>>But before you try that, try plugging in the drive, changing to the
>>mount point, and running, as root:
>>[...]
>

> Thanks a lot for opening my eyes. Your simple solution is perfect and
> fits my needs. And it is much easier then tweaking hal, which is as far
> as I can see some kind of undocumented, nicely working black-magic
> masterpiece. :)

Well, HAL is documented, but it is not easy to understand. I did
forget to point to the best source - download the source for the
version of HAL you are running. There is a documentation in the
doc/spec directory in the source. But you have to make sure you
use the one that matches the version you are running, because there
are some changes from version to version.

Mikkel