Re: Blurry monitor on FC4

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 1/21/06, jdow <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks fo the reply. It is not a flat panel display. I just spent some
time on google and could not find it! There are two monitors that
_seem_ to be the same:
Proview DX777
Proview MZ777

Although they both clain a 1280*1024 max resolution and the most that
I had been able to coax ut of this monitor was 1024*768, though that
may be a limitation of my graphics card (cheap on board).
Run the refresh rate back down to 60Hz and see if it will make it to
1280x1024.
{^_-}

No, it did not give me that option. I switched to 60 Hz, made the
change effective (horrible flashing monitor), but the option of higher
resolution was not there. I know that there is a config files that i
can edit, but I'm not sure that would be wise.

I think someone mentioned this already, but try setting refresh to 75 Hz. I have an old Sony 100ES (15" Trinitron). Capable of 1024x768 at 85Hz refresh, but setting it to 75Hz greatly improved the picture. I, too, was having issues with blurry fonts and such at 85Hz.

Joe