Re: Sendmail

On Saturday 21 Jan 2006 12:17,
replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> by the way, if you didn't intended to switch your MTA from postfix to
> sendmail (and you were using postfix previously), then you appear to
> have mucked with the MTA selection symbolic links in
> /etc/alternatives .  the key one for this is "mta", which will point
> to:
>
>    /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
>
> if you're set to use sendmail, and to:
>
>    /usr/sbin/sendmail.posfix
>
> if you're set to use postfix.

You're absolutely right - that is what has happened, and maybe a cause
of some of my problems.  So, I presume that they have been changed from
a config file at some point, though which one I don't know.  The
question now is how do I set them back to postfix?  Is it done from a
config file, or by deleting the link and making a new one?  If this is
so, I presume that all the mta-related links will need changing?

Sorry if this seems so very newbie, but after four years with a distro
that does things very differently I do have a lot to learn.

Anne