RE: Query disk write-caching settings

Dave Irving Wrote:

> Hi,

>> Could anyone tell me if it is possible to query the
>> current disk-write cache settings being employed?
>> Im getting some suspiciously fast file synching
>> going on and Im wondering whether this is the "cause" :o)

>Hmmm....
>I couldn't work out how to query it, so I had a go at just setting it
explicitly instead:

>Could any one tell me why this is likely to fail?
>If its any help, I also got the -i output from hdparm:

>hdparm -I /dev/had
>-/dev/hda:
>-Model=TSSTcorpCD-ROM TS-L162C, FwRev=N203, ...

Now im confused. So /dev/hda is the cdrom and Im looking at the wrong
device?
Had a look at /etc/fstab, and I've got something like this:

LABEL=/    /    ext3 defaults 1 1

So, do I need to work out what device this label represents and run
hdparm on that?
If so, how do I work out what device a label corresponds to?

Many thanks,

Dave