Re: Boot cd

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 08:18 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> and would like to add that IMHO *nothing* can force a person
> to read instructions until after they try what they think is correct
> and hit a brick wall because they did it wrong.

Hmm, something that could be put on the download page:

"Read this information before burning the disk (which, then, links to
information about it), and come back here and read it again after you
tried to burn a disc and it didn't work."  ;-)

I do seem to recall that the Red Hat Linux pages weren't too bad at
providing a link to informing you about burning discs.  And while I
agree that it'd be impossible to write a recipe to burn discs that all
could follow without thinking, it's not too hard to explain what an ISO
is, what you're supposed to do with it, and some clues as to at least
some software that can do (e.g. Nero) it and what function to try and
find in the software (e.g. "burn disc from an ISO file", "burn image",
etc.).  That would give more people a fighting chance at getting it
right, first or second go.

I read messages from the public lists.