Re: Boot cd

At 15:04 19/01/2006, you wrote:

David Fletcher wrote:

Why not just put a file in the same place as the ISO files, called READ_THIS_FILE_FIRST containing notes for those using windoze to download and burn for the first time, and also to check that they are downloading the correct version for their system?

Do I hear a volunteer?

[snip]

Mike

Sure, I've no objections to writing a text file based on my experience of downloading and burning iso files.

If the person who controls the content of the i386 download folder would like to contact me I'll be happy to write something to help raw beginners for my first practical contribution to the community.

I've previously prepared rather longer documents than this requires see

http://www.metaice.com/ASM51/ASM51.htm

so I think I can cope OK with a read me file.

Dave Fletcher

PS I had no objections to doing that one for free because the assembler I used for a couple of projects is provided free of charge.