Re: Installing Firefox 1.5 under FC3/FC4

Chris Spencer <gmane.20.evilspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, many have asked why Fedora has not yet adopted Firefox 1.5, yet no
one's really given an explanation. It's been out for over a month now,
and I've been using it on other distros and even Windows without issue.
Is 1.5 difficult to package, unstable, not fully tested, or what?
I dnloaded the tarfile 1.5, directly from Mozilla, and it complains that it needs libstdc++. ver 5, and I've got ver 4. as part of my FC4 install. To update to libstdc-5 there are a bunch of gcc updates. Well, I'm trying it... it'll go or blow. <crossing fingers> Yum is working it's butt off, as I type.

Then I'll try to install the updated Firefox... 1.0.7 isn't available from Mozilla as far as I can see. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Yahoo! Photos