Re: Installing Firefox 1.5 under FC3/FC4

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:

(Please CC me as I have mail delivery disabled from this list)

I wish there was a FF1.5 RPM other than the one in Rawhide.. that one depends on so much new stuff it isn't even funny. I got it to run in an slightly more gentlemanly way than /usr/local:

http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-December/013652.html

When I tried installing that, I was told I had a newer version of Firefox installed, even though rpm -q firefox gives me "firefox-1.0.7-1.1.fc4". Strange.

That page says they removed the cairo and pango dependencies. Does this mean this package won't support the new SVG and canvas features?

Also, many have asked why Fedora has not yet adopted Firefox 1.5, yet no one's really given an explanation. It's been out for over a month now, and I've been using it on other distros and even Windows without issue. Is 1.5 difficult to package, unstable, not fully tested, or what?

Chris