Re: browser

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 16:27 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> On 1/18/06, Guido Leisker <lists.gl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         > Hello,
>         >
>         > Is there anybody out there, who can help we this:
>         > I would like to open a browser, look for a file, click on it
>         and get de
>         > naam of the file, path included, in a variable. The same
>         thing that
>         > happens when you open a 'create launcher', click on the
>         browser button,
>         > look for the program to execute and fill in the field.
>         >
>         > Or if someone has a routine with PHP, that would be even
>         nicer, I hope.
>         >
>         > Thank you,
>         >
>         > Roland Brouwers
>         > C.A.T. bvba
>         > Antwerp-Belgium
>         > roland@xxxxxx
>         >
>         I do think, that noone does understand what you realy want.
>
> I aggree.
> --
I think I agree to.
I will try again:
In a program or script, I would like to call a routine, written in PHP,
or something else that would start a browser, in which I can look for a
file. Once the file is found, I will enter on this file or click on it,
which will result in a returnvariable in the calling program. This
returnvariable contains the name of the file,including his path, p.e.
"/home/roland/Docs/NameOfFile".

Suppose you have a program, which let you enter all data about a car.
One of the fields is the name of picture of the car, with full path. So,
wenn one enters in this field, it will start the calling routine,
opening a browser, enabling one to look up the file and transfer the
path/filename.

This routine is done on your linux desktop when you start a new
launcher. You can enter the full path + filename or start a browser. The
same thing is done when you print to a file, instead of a printer.

I hope this is clear enough.

Thank you for your patience.

Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba