RE: news reader

[...]

> Chris wrote:
>
> > Thunderbird works well for a news reader.
>
> But _why_ do people think Thunderbird or Pan
> is better than KNode, which comes with KDE?
>
> Simply saying "I like Pan" is not much help.
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy

So far, I have tried KNode and Pan.  I chose Pan
because it provided a tree structure for the saved
messages, while KNode did not.  On the other hand,
Pan does not provide a tree structure for the
folders of the saved messages.  Another problem is
that the filenames of the saved messages are
cryptic. How is Thunderbird on these matters?  Are
there other reasons to try Thunderbird?

Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger