YumEx problem

Although using linux for a long time, I'm new to Fedora Core.

Yum is working without problems, but yumex appears to be broken on my
installation.  This is FC4, with all updates applied.  When I open
yumex it appears to go into an endless loop,initializing repositories,
citing filelists.xml.gz.

Advice, please?

Anne