Re: firefox back/forward icons disappeared

Skunk Worx wrote:
Thomas Cameron wrote:

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 10:42:54PM -0800, Skunk Worx wrote:

on a couple of my machines the firefox icons in the upper left of the UI (for Back/Forward) have disappeared. All i get are skinny widgets with the drop-down arrow--no left/right icons in the widgets.

Just for grins, what happens if you move your ~/.mozilla directory to
~/.mozilla.old and then start Firefox?  Is everything back to normal?

Thanks, this fixes it.

Dear Skunk Worx,

I've discovered that the file compreg.dat in the user profile directory is the culprit. You can safely delete this file to get your icons back with no apparent ill effects on your profile.

Greg