Re: 'GPL encumbrance problems'

Rickey Moore wrote:

[snip]

Good example, Paul. There >IS< a 'Gift Debt' that comes from using
opensource, which according to my perspectives is the imperative to
'pass it forward'. You cannot directly repay those whose shoulders you
stand on, but you can 'pass forward' their gift to the next guy.

I completely reject the concept of such a "Gift Debt" due to
opensource. I base this on private e-mails I exchanged with
Richard Stallman back in 1984 and 1985. Anyone who places his
software under [L]GPL does so for his own motives, and makes
it available for me to use or not, as I chose, within the
parameters of the license.

Period.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.