Re: Procmail filtering

John Summerfied wrote:
> I used fetchmail for some years, and the recommended way to use
> fetchmail is to have it feed email into your MTA, whether sendmail,
> postfix or zmailer.
>
> Doing so allows fetchmail to poll several accounts and make deliveries
> to different people.

jdow replied:
> Old data. I use per user fetchmail as it appeared he was using it.
> I simply have several copies of the indented portion of the .fetchmailrc
> I excerpted for him, one for each account all feeding to one account for
> further sorting. So I fetch from several to feed into one. Otherwise you
> need to get fussier and run fetchmail as root leading to nebulously
> undefined potential security problems.

Actually, if fetchmail feeds e-mail into a MTA through SMTP, it doesn't
need root privileges. You can create a fetchmail user and get that to
run fetchmail.

James.
--
E-mail address: james | I learnt the rules of rugby. There is only one rule.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "Skip it by any means necessary".