Re: KDE vs Gnome

--On Monday, January 16, 2006 10:57 AM -0500 "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.berger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone told me that software people (which I am)
should use KDE, but he didn't say why.

From the discussion following Linus' pronouncement, it appears that KDE is
more customizable. Gnome is more locked-down to a specific user base targeted primarily at people who's computer use is incidental to some other objective, like doctors and secretaries.

As a programmer who likes to tweak my tools, I suspect I'd be much happier with KDE than Gnome. (I don't even know what I've got installed on my one Linux desktop, as I just use it to spawn shell windows.)