Re: Network Manager drops wireless connections

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Chris Jones wrote:

Hi,

I've been using networkmanager for a while now, and in general have found it
to work well. However, recently it seems to have developed a problem. When
running a wireless connection it drops the connection every now and then. I
can sometimes reconnect by just clicking on the desired network again, but
sometimes I have to restart NetworkManager itself.

System :-
FC4, fully updated
kernel 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
wireless is ipw2100

The contents of messages, related to NetworkManager are pasted below.

Does anyone else get this ? Could it be related to the firmware I am using,
which was updated a short time ago ? - I am using the freshrpms package
ipw2100-firmware (1.3-2). Could it instead be related to my wireless router ?

As an aside, how can I tell what version of the ipw2100 module comes with my
kernel ?

thanks in advance

Chris

[...]