Re: Gcalctool and square root

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:31:50AM -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Tony Nelson wrote:
>
> >I'm finding this whole thread very confusing, because, on my FC3 system,
> >when I type "gcalctool" I get the gnome calculator accessory, which works
> >as you describe.  I can't find any mode where Sqrt shows "Sqrt(", though if
> >I type a "(" I can enter an expression, press Sqrt and see an "s" in the
> >expression, and evaluate the expression by typing a ")".  Gcalctool version
> >4.4.20.
>
> <CTRL>-U or View -> Arithmetic Precedence toggles this behavior.

Well this is a break through if you turn off Arithmetic Precedence
then the Sqrt key works as one would probably want it to. That is, it
takes the square root of the number in the calculator window,

Distinctive, adj.:
	A different color or shape than our competitors.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484