Re: Memtest86+ results

On 1/16/06, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) <stymar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Last week I lost a power supply on my FC4
> machine at home.  I put in a new one and
> everything was find for a day or so.

Does the replacement power supply deliver at least the same amperage
on the +12vdc buss as the old power supply?  You didn't mention the
type of mainboard you have, but back when I was doing the research for
building my home computers a year ago, one of the most frequently
mentioned issues with modern AMD-based mainboards (and Abit boards in
particular, since that was my focus) was an undersized power supply.
All sorts of weird problems can ensue, ranging from memory errors to
POST lockups to random OS panics.

Jay