Memtest86+ results

This question relates to errors reported by
memtest86+-1.55.1-1.  The documentation warns
that sometimes the program gets the wrong answer
when calculating the address ranges used by
memory.  I am suspicious that this may be
the case and I would like a second opinion.
Anyone else every see something similar?

Last week I lost a power supply on my FC4
machine at home.  I put in a new one and
everything was find for a day or so.  It
then froze.  /var/log/messages showed a kernel
BUG at include/linux/list.h:166.  That line
is sanity checking a double linked list.
I dropped back to a previous kernel and after
a while got the same result after a day or so.

I loaded the memtest86+  rpm and booted it.
It ran fine till test 5 which is copying large
blocks of data.  I got 762 errors.  The box has
2  256 Meg dimms.  I pulled one out and ran the
test again.  Got errors at the same address
ranges (at least the ones I saved).  I swapped
in the other memory dimm and ran again.  Same
errors, same addresses.  Very suspicious.

I put everything back together and booted normally.
Swaping the memory around of course reseated the
boards.  The MB has a 1.2 GHz AMD Duron processor.

To complicate the issue, I had one other change.
I have been playing with Solaris X86 V10 on another
machine and have a cron job automounting some overlapping
directories on the FC4 machine.  I turned that off after
the problems and have not seen any problem for a few days.

Thanks for your time.

Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)
Lucent Technologies, Phoenix