Re: new way of connecting to the net...

Michael Wright:

>> I have just heard that you wont need to be on a land line if you live in
>> Australia. Ergon Enery is taking over, all you need is adsl modem a
>> computer and all you do is plug it in the wall and you connected, this
>> will go on your power bill...

Claude Jones:
> For why this may not be such a great idea, take a look here to see some
> details about the controversy raging around the proposed broadband over power
> line proposals.
> http://tinyurl.com/4jubx

Having read various things about it, I find it disturbing too.  The
methodology is going to cause widespread problems to other people (other
people not using the internet, and therefore not in a position to adjust
what they do to avoid the problems, because it's some other person
giving them grief).

Then there's the problem of trying to run a WAN over a hub.  Internet
over power lines is just a giant shared network, more so than cable TV
internet.  There's more than a few tales of woe about what happens when
you put lots of people onto a hub (where the traffic is all shared).
It's bad enough on a LAN, never mind a WAN.

Not sure what this thread has to do with Fedora...

I read messages from the public lists.