Firewall configurations

hi guys ,

I want to ask you , about the Iptables configurations

When I run nmap ,it says me that I have an specific
port open ...

When I do a web test of open port at
http://scan.sygatetech.com/prequickscan.html

Its says me another ports open or closed ....

when I run netstat it says me another completely
different thing ...

I dont know what to trust ...

for example I want to close the udp port 111 and icmp
8 . Can I do this for example in the terminal :

 ./iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 111 -j DROP

and the port will automatically be closed ?

or should I restart the machine ?

thanks in advance ,

richard karcher

Ricardo german Kärcher