Re: FC and NIS

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:05:18PM -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
> I'm pretty much a newbie to NIS and I've got an NIS domain I'm trying to
> disassemble so that we can add these machines to an LDAP domain.
> Somehow NFS is using NIS to determine what machines can mount the NFS
> shares.  Can someone tell me how to break that so that NFS can be
> mounted from any ips?  Or point me to some docs that will help be tear
> this thing down?

You seem to be asking two somewhat different questions;
1. NFS using NIS is controlled by /etc/nsswitch.conf
2. Mounting from an ip is controlled by /etc/exports on the NFS
server.

The meek shall inherit the earth -- they are too weak to refuse.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484