Re: FC and NIS

Mark Haney wrote:
I'm pretty much a newbie to NIS and I've got an NIS domain I'm trying to disassemble so that we can add these machines to an LDAP domain. Somehow NFS is using NIS to determine what machines can mount the NFS shares. Can someone tell me how to break that so that NFS can be mounted from any ips? Or point me to some docs that will help be tear this thing down?

Typically, NFS host access control via NIS is done using netgroups. But it can just as easily specify individual hostnames (with wildcards), IPs or subnet masks.

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555