lvm lvrename on Fedora Core 4

On my shiny new FC4 system, mount reports this device to be mounted on root "/":

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00

And I assume that this is most of my hard drive except for /boot (which is /dev/sda1) and swap. Would renaming this with 'lvm lvrename' offer me any benefit? For example rename it to

/dev/mapper/VolGroup05-LogVol10

My previous FC4 system has an LVM spanning 2 physical disks and it is going to be truly inconvenient to mount these disks on my current system and get at the contents of the data on them. I've forgotten to back up several important files to a DVD before doing a hardware upgrade that includes using only one Great Big Hard Drive, and I'm feeling the pain.

So would renaming my current LVM make it easier to get my old drives (which are currently sitting around unused) mounted and accessible?

Thanks

Bob Cochran