kernel-module-madwifi 2.6.14.1-1656 on Dell Inspiron 1200--WORKS

Last time I installed a new kernel, the madwifi module didn't work on my hardware. My report, and the advice I got, sparked some controversy. The basis of that was that the maintainer of the kernel-module-madwifi package didn't have a proper way to test it.

This time, I want to report that the new kernel, and the madwifi kernel module from livna, works as intended.

We don't often hear about something that "just works." This list seems to be more about reporting problems than anything else. So for once I'd like to report success in a context that I consider mission-critical.

Temlakos