sound card recommendations

I'm looking for some suggestions for a new sound card and,
as sensible reviews are quite hard to find and one of the
requirements is that it works with FC(3), I thought I'd
try here.

I'm looking for something with a digital input (so I can plug
in my shiny new DAB radio), and without my on-board
VIA82C686's excellent police band reception (useful for
starting a crime empire, but I suspect it might only be
getting taxis).

Sound quality is more important to me than gaming but I
suspect, at my (sub 50UKP) end of the market, I don't get
so much choice.  Possibilities at the minute are
HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 Gold
Voyetra Turtle Beach Catalina 7.1
Terratec Aureon 5.1 Fun 6Ch Sound Card (although 'fun' in
 the title is a little suspicious)
The above are all surround, but I'd be just as happy with
stereo with no hiss from the system.

Most of the lower priced Creative cards are out of the
running by needing an add-on for digital IO (which is
seemingly impossible to get).  Any suggestions (or pointers
to places that have reviews that are more substantial than
lists of features) appreciated.

(I fully intend to make replies to the list, but if you cc
me it means I don't have to reply to the digest and break
threading)
--
imalone