Re: sound card recommendations

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 21:30 +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
> I'm looking for some suggestions for a new sound card and,
> as sensible reviews are quite hard to find and one of the
> requirements is that it works with FC(3), I thought I'd
> try here.
>
> I'm looking for something with a digital input (so I can plug
> in my shiny new DAB radio), and without my on-board
> VIA82C686's excellent police band reception (useful for
> starting a crime empire, but I suspect it might only be
> getting taxis).

Hi,

Consider an external USB device. They sound better than many internal
cards because inside a computer there ist a lot of EM radiation which
influences the sound quality. I bought a yamaha uw10 sound device for
70 Euro and it worked real plug and play and sounds excellent. It has
analogue chinch and optical digital in and out and nothing more.

regards
vassilios